Monday, June 8, 2009

Wasn't That the Girl's Name On Boy Meets World?

Like I said, I've been getting caught up around here from being away for a week, but the clouds were just to super duper neat-o for me to stay inside Saturday. I think what really convinced me was having lunch with Jeff. Like a sucker, he had to work, so I figured the least I could do was rub it in his face. Literally. The least I could do. To be fair, he probably deserves it for throwing cats.

Anyway, took a drive up to Topanga (see?) Canyon State Park for a hike to Parker Mesa Overlook. It was a really nice hike. Six miles round trip with a lot of up and down so I could get a nice lather worked up in and out.

The overlook is melt-your-face beautiful with a panoramic view from downtown to the bay to the hills of Malibu. Actually, the view all the way up is pretty incredible.

trail ends here

looking the other direction

I even got to see some wildlife. Three deer on the way in, and four on the way out. And a scorpion to add an element of danger (not really). The only bad part was the two young ladies that showed up at the overlook a few minutes after me gossiping about which boy is the hottest. Puh-lease. Annoying.

I also got my first chance to use my new intervalometer for this time lapse video. I think I got pretty lucky. I didn't think the clouds were moving anywhere near fast enough. This is about 900 shots at one second intervals.

Topanga Canyon Time Lapse from Ryan Tuttle on Vimeo.



The rest of the gallery (including some pretty cool panos) is here.

5 comments:

  1. The scorpion pretty much counts me out for hiking. Not that I was planning on doing much hiking anyway, but you know. I am not sure if Murphy should go on anymore hikes either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dude was tiny. I barely saw him. But Murph would have smelled him out right away. And known just what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They decided you were the hottest! What's annoying about that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I was in the running.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cloud thing was cool. I am not, as you can tell by my verbige. (i'm too tired to see if that is spelled correctly.) Awesome, Ry.

    ReplyDelete