Wednesday, June 10, 2009

It Runs In the Family

Several weeks ago, Mom and I were talking about my photos and things, and she brought up that Grandpa Wood dabbled in photography. I hadn't heard that before, but Mom was able to root around and find a couple of his pictures. She actually took photos of the pictures, but the camera flash didn't do so well with the glossy prints. (Thanks anyway, Ma. It actually gave them an artsy look.) I told Mom I'd really like to see more of them sometime, and a couple weeks ago I received an envelope from Grandma Timmons with some photos enclosed, including the two Mom snapped photos of before. Anyway, I scanned them in, and here they are. Pretty cool, huh? Grandma says she has a bunch more she hopes to go through when she retires (do it already!), and that would be cool to do. Thanks, Grandma and Mom!

self portrait

december, 1963

1 comment:

  1. This reminds of how excited Dad was when you were born. He couldn't wait to take you fishing. He died before that happened and he was so worried that you were never going to give up that silky skirt you always wore over your overalls. I know he is having a great time figuring out who you are about now. And so proud you have a few of his genes. Thanks for the post. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete