Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Squattin' and Cornholin'

Saturday I kept Jeff company while he staked out a fire pit at Dockweiler for his daughter's birthday party. My original plan was to go camping, but then Jeff mentioned last week at lunch that he had to be at the beach all day reserving the party spot. And since he made this pathetic, sad face when he said so, I had no choice but to cancel my plans and keep him company at the beach. (Not really. My lack of planning resulted in a couple hours of futile research on a camping spot Thursday night. Besides everywhere I was looking called for a "drizzly" weekend, and I'm a big weenie.)

Actually hanging out at the beach all day is too bad a way to spend your Saturday, I suppose. I guess me complaining about that is a bit akin to Hawaiians complaining about the weather. Liiiight winds!!! You complete me, Triumph. Indeed, I had a really good time, and, unlike Jeff, I got to leave when the teenagers showed up. (No offense, Allie.) We got to sit around talking about nerd stuff, and even got Rinaldi's delivered to the beach. Most of our order anyway. But the highlight and main activity of the day was, of course, practicing our cornhole skills. Check it out:

Cornholin' from Ryan Tuttle on Vimeo.



Sure, it's not quite a masterpiece as this:



...but I still think it's cool. I'll be lugging the boards along again this weekend to Matt's birthday bonfire. We'll see if anyone there can beat me. Pics.
my morning

jeff "splitting" wood; yes, that's the knife that cut my
thumb open; jeff walked away unscathed

cornhole and bikinis; it really
doesn't get much better

3 comments:

  1. i think in the last picture you were just trying to get the chick in the back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why you are too busy to talk to your mother.... Have fun.

    ReplyDelete