Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Man Cave

Matt and Beth invited me out to the O to the C (Orange County - The Yorb to be specific) for the night last Saturday to check out Matt's favorite dinner joint, The Yardhouse. It turned out to be a grand affair since Mitch and Val were able to make it out and Beth's pal Jenille and her peeps happened by. How did I not get a picture of the whole table? So I went from being the 3rd wheel to being the 9th wheel. Actually, I like to think of myself more as the bus driver, steering the evening toward enlightening conversation and general hilarity.

Dinner was excellent - even though they were out of, or in some cases not yet "in" some things. And we even got to play a fun dinner game called "Guess the Waitress' Ethinicity". That's not offensive in any way, right? Well we never quite finished anyway since we didn't let our very friendly, competent waitress in on the fun. Just for the record, I did not come up with this game.

But the real fun happened back at Matt and Beth's, specifically the garage a.k.a. Man Cave. We got our darts on, had a couple garage beers, and Matt even started me on my way to a ludicrous career in show biz. Talk about being in the right place at the right time. He taught me two chords on the gee-tar, G and D, I believe. I even kinda remember one of them still, though I can't remember which one it is. Needless to say, I'll probably be awesome before the month is out.

Nice dart.

G chord?

As fun as it was for Matt and me, Murphy was the only one who ventured out to hang with us. To reward his loyalty, we decided to replace any non-article in the lyrics of Play a Train Song with some variation of "Murphy" and sing it to him. It was pretty clear he was moved. Also, Murphy is a dog.

"Murphin' 'em one last Murph..."

Thanks to the Pilgrims for a fun night. We'll have to do it again. Orange County isn't so bad I guess.

Rock n' roll! Sepia!

More pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment