Monday, May 4, 2009

Late To the Party

As most of you reading this know, I am generally on the cutting edge of fashion / style / music / action sports... the list goes on and on. Well it turns out I've been ignoring a gem of a barbecue restaurant in my back yard. (Not really my back yard. I don't have a back yard. It's an expression that means in close proximity to oneself. Get with it, people. Do I really have to explain everything?) The shame of it all, is that I love love love barbeque. And I haven't been getting something I really desire. I think we all can agree that is a tragedy.

The name of the place is Pinkie's in Hermosa Beach. My pal Gwennie invited me out for a BBQ and beer pairing dinner last week. (Gwen has a connection with the ownership. Her boooooyfriiiiieeeend - drag it out like that, it's more fun - is a member of one of the three families involved, if I understand it correctly.) They had a rep from Stone Brewing- one of my favorites - come in to explain the beer and pairings, and we had four courses of beer and excellent food. The main course was beef brisket, which happens to be a personal favorite of mine. Let me tell you, I was blown away. And those of you that know me, realize I am a pretty picky person. It was sooooo good. Really excellent. Unfortunately it is as yet not a part of the full time menu. I think I really went on and on about how good the brisket was to the point of annoying several people. I'm pretty Steve gave me a tour of the kitchen just so I would shut up. But I'm not even sorry because that was fun.

The brisket. I heart you.

Me: falling in love.

The hush puppies were excellent as well. Very unique. They were made with a very fine corn flour and were really quite sweet as opposed to the spicy, herby ones to which I am accustomed. It was a really fun night hanging out with Gwen and Tom and the gang and enjoying delicious food. Thanks to Pinkie's for putting this on and Gwen for the invite. See you next time! And if you're in the area, get down to Pinkie's sometime.

Tom, Gwen, & Co.

5 comments:

  1. MMMmmmmmmmm.... BBQ.... I am glad that you have finally gotten something that you really desire. I hear that you can get just about anything your heart desires out in that part of the country. Have fun..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bit surprised you haven't come to visit your sister and David. You'd have excellent BBQ here, it is Texas and that's what they do besides their TexMex and Mexican food. There's many a brisket to be had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. believe me i know. and i'm working on it.

    ReplyDelete