Sunday, February 8, 2009

Finger-Lickin' Friday

Friday night I met up with Matt before the Todd Snider show (post to come). Last time we saw a show we ended up at the time warp that is Pann's Diner. We had big 'ol breakfast platters and milkshakes. For the life of me I can't remember if this was before or after the show (coincidentally also a Todd Snider show). Since that worked out so well, I proposed that we go to Dinah's before the show this time.
I pass Dinah's all the time, but with so many restaurants in L.A., that establishment is not unique in that respect. I never thought much about it until I saw a bucket of their chicken in "Little Miss Sunshine." I enjoyed the movie, and the Hoover's seemed to enjoy Dinah's chicken, so why not? The transitive property did indeed hold true, and as a corrollary, Matt also enjoyed Dinah's "World Famous" chicken (even though he ordered the "World Famous" burger).

The entire interior looked vintage.
The last remodel must have been decades ago. Dinah's has the
distinction of having L.A.'s first "bucket sign." And I do like buckets.
And the antique radios all along the shelf high on the walls was a nice touch.

1 comment: