Sunday, July 12, 2009

Chili Breath

Haven't posted in a while since I only had about 48 hours when I got back form Indiana over the 4th until I traveled on. Doing some work here in Florida now and don't have much time but wanted to post my first experience with Krystal Burger - it's the White Castle of the South! Our team from work stopped at one outside the Orlando Airport because it was late and we were hungry. Surprisingly they actually taste more like a real hamburger than White Castle. (White Castles have this unidentifiable flavor that sits on top the burger flavor that you just can't quite grasp. It's hard to explain, but if you've had them, you already know.)

Krystal Burger

5 cheesy Krystals, chili fries, a corn pup (get it? took
me a minute) , and drink

wrapper boxes decorated with hall of famers
and their hall-worthy stories

But the most unique part about it - and I'm not certain this is typical of Krystal Burger - was that it was like a freezer inside. Literally. There was a family sitting together across the restaurant - well, the parents were sitting, the kids were running in place to keep warm and rubbing their bare arms with their hands. I made a joke that you could probably see your breath, and, well... check it out.

Cold Krystal Burger from Ryan Tuttle on Vimeo.



3 comments: