Tuesday, April 7, 2009

BOC

Blinged out cabbage? Bandolier of carrots? Good guesses, but no. After much anticipation, my shipment of Random Crap arrived today. Is it truly random? No... But pretty close. I guess I can be glad the powers that be at Woot! went to a new Bag of Crap format as I received considerably more than 3 measly craps. Here's the breakdown:

(1) green bucket
(2) "Yay! It's broccoli" t-shirts
(1) Sansa E200
(1) Sansa MP3 Player / FM Radio (model unknown)
(4 pr.) Sansa earbuds
(4) Sansa USB connectors (for MP3 players)
(1) Motorola USB flash drive

So, yeah, uh, not totally crap. Considering it's marketed as crap, I think I made out pretty well. I've nearly bought a Sansa player on many occassion. And if you're wondering if they're refurbs... You bet they are! And display so unabashedly. Honestly, I wouldn't want it any other way. I'm not sure why I got a multitude of earbuds and dongles (leftovers from other players that did not survive the rigorous refurb process? consideration for high failure rate of said items? randomness?), but, hey, I'm not complaining. As for the bucket, well, who doesn't need a bucket? The shirts are a little small for me (child's size 4). I'll have to send one along to Riley, and... maybe Jenny? She's pretty small.

P.S. Al photos for this post taken with my birthday gift from the Corwins. Canon EF 50mm 1.8 II. Super excited about it. Not the ideal application for this lens but I wanted to express my thanks. I'll have some cool pics with it soon!

8 comments:

  1. So glad you finally got some crap! you better keep both of the MP3 players b/c the one that I bought that was a refurb lasted about a month. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think i need to borrow this idea from woot & go out to my garage and put some of my own BOC's together for sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually almost bought the broccoli shirt but even I don't think I can wear the children's 4. Broccoli is one of my favorite foods! I guess I could add it to Dave's T-shirt quilt...ha ha! But it looks like you got a lot for your $5.00!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ear buds from failed refurbished MP3s? Gross!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that should read "refurbished failed", but whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peter likes Sansas =] I've had mine for about 8 months no problems.

    ReplyDelete