Sunday, March 1, 2009

Bokehs, Books, & Boots

Saturday night was another photo trip for the South Bay Photography Google Group. (You'll recall the previous post on our trip to Redondo Beach Pier.) As I had a book club meeting in Westwood that evening as well, the other photographers were gracious enough to shoot in the neighborhood. Meeting up was a little difficult, so I was only able to shoot with the rest of the group for a few minutes before I was off to dinner and literary discussion. I did mange to get what I think is a pretty cool shot of the rest of the crew.

Justin, Peter, Jillian (J.R.), Sarah

Pretty cool shot, right? Yeah I thought so too. I think it really captures the youthful energy that my peeps have. They have a lot of enthusiasm for photography some real talent as well. It's fun for me to see. Thanks for letting this old guy hang around. I hope I didn't slow you down too much. Just for fun, here's one of me:
(Image credit: Jillian)

I think I'm just walking to meet up with everyone else, but Jillian claimed I was dancing. Upon further review, I have to admit it does look like I'm doing a little jig here. Then again, I'm so graceful nearly every move I make is on the cusp of artistry.

Sadly, I had to miss the remainder of the Westwood portion of the shoot discussing Catch-22. Truthfully it's not that sad as the discussion was an interesting and lively one. The vote was split 2-2 on Catch-22 (I was for it). I did meet back up with the gang on Hollywood Boulevard afterwards briefly, but they had to split. I stuck around a bit and took some pictures at the Kodak Theatre and nearby. (Full gallery of the trip here.)

For those of you wondering about my recovery from "kickball ankle", this was the first week I was able to wear my boots again, so things are looking up. When I got home that evening, I found I hadn't quite got my photo fix, so I started goofing around with some self-portraits around the apartment. I ended up using my computer to snap series of shots with my camera (a nice feature, but I'll still need Jeff to wire me up an intervalometer as I think the 30 lbs. at which my iMac weighs in is a little beyond the capacity of my bike's handlebar-mounted basket).
Full self-portrait gallery here.

6 comments:

  1. Very cool pictures brother bear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. i could see you riding ut bike around venice with ur imac in ur basket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the boot pic, at least the composition, not sure about the subject. anyway, if you ever make it to bama you may find i've stolen the idea and placed it prominently above my smokin chair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you put a picture of me in your man space?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the street pic. Very Beatles. Love you, bra'.

    ReplyDelete