Sunday, April 11, 2010

Again! Again!

When I sat down to write this post, the first thing I did was look back at my last post. Funny enough, this post is about nearly the exact same subject. Simply replace Kelsey's winter recess with Kelsey's spring break, and voila! So this could be taken to mean that either a) my whole life revolves around my girlfriend now or b) my girlfriend takes up so much of my time that I rarely get to blog. The answer is actually none of the above. In actuality, I am writing fewer posts in attempt to shrink time. By writing the same number of posts in two months time that used to be polished off in a week, I am projecting the 6-8 weeks between dates to the mere matter of a few days. And this works because, as we all know, my life truly revolves around my blog. Did any of that make sense? No? Good.

With the undeniable similarity if these two trips I thought it only appropriate that we took a do-over jaunt to Santa Barbara. (In truth I only set up our trip there to provide the witty blog intro you read above.) If you recall, the New Year's trip there did not turn out so well, what with me vomiting violently and all. The plan was to take a couple nice hikes I researched that week, then head in to town for dinner and a night on the town. The "night on the town" part being surprise tickets to see Zac Brown Band in concert. My plan was to just happen along the concert after dinner and smoothly pull the tickets out of my pocket, but I ruined all that, naturally, by forgetting the tickets in the hotel room when we left for dinner. Whoops. While unimpressed with my execution of it, I believe she did appreciate the sentiment.

hiking through the flowers

hanging out in Gaviota wind caves

cave with an ocean view

zac brown band

Although I may lack executive skill, the planning of these things should undoubtedly be left to me, as Kelsey's only suggestion during the trip was a side trip to the Old Dutch town of Solvang. It took us 90 minutes and two ice cream cones to recognize it for the tourist trap that it is.

Dutch Town

The remainder of Kelsey's visit seemed to revolve mostly around eating unhealthy foods (probably my fault), but we did take a lot of walks (Kelsey's influence). Among the places we feasted were: world's best donuts at Randy's, the perfect meal at Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles, burgers, ice cream sandwiches and friends at Umami Burger, trays of delicious raw fish at Club Sushi, and incredible piles of flapjacks at the Original Pancake House. But best of all, Chef Kelsey cooked a delicious dinner one night, proving that she is an excellent cook and that my oven works.

top chef

Kelsey, please come back any time, as much as you like. Just give me a few hours notice so I can pick up all my dirty laundry.

More pics.

5 comments:

  1. First of all, I was too exhausted/excited to realize how un-smooth the ZBB ticket mishap was, however, the pick-a-dinner-place before the concert resides in my brain as the only unimpressive moment in all the six moths we've dated. You did awesome that weekend, don't be so hard on yourself. Also, the raw fish picture... still laughing. Lastly, what if I drop in on you unexpectedly one day? Don't you think you should go ahead and pick up your laundry for proactive reasons?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think we can all agree that I'm awesome. As far as dinner was concerned, I have no idea what you are talking about. All I remember is you getting grouchy because you couldn't have more apple strudel. And if you do happen to drop by, maybe you can help me with my laundry. Isn't that what relationships are all about? Helping each other?

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Favorite line is, "Chef Kelsey cooked a delicious dinner one night, proving that she is an excellent cook..." :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm laughing so hard at the delicious raw fish pic. I was about to freak out that you were eating seafood.

    ReplyDelete